Open enrollment begins November 1, 2016 for an effective date of January 1, 2017!
Find Affordable Individual & Group Health Insurance in California
For over 27 years, California Well Being Insurance Agency (CWBIA) has specialized in managing and finding affordable health insurance plans for groups and individuals. We help identify comprehensive insurance plans to maximize your dollar for your insurance needs. CWBIA is dedicated to removing the burden of managing your insurance policy so you have more time for life!
Your health is our number one priority. CWBIA is your single contact for all your health insurance needs.
Dates to remember
If you enroll:
November 1, 2016-December 15, 2016– your effective date will be January 1, 2017
December 16, 2016-January 15, 2017– your effective date will be February 1, 2017
January 16, 2017-January 31, 2017– your effective date will be March 1, 2017
…aside from these dates, keep in mind you may be eligible to enroll in a health insurance plan at other times throughout the year if you experience a “qualifying event” such as marriage, if you have a baby, loss of coverage through an employer, or moving outside of your current area. Medi-Cal enrollment is also year-round so if your income qualifies you for that, then we can enroll you at any time throughout the year. See our FAQs page for more details.
Avoid a tax penalty and make sure you enroll in a health plan by January 31, 2017!
Click here for more information on tax penalties.
Health Insurance Services
- Management of your Covered California account as your representing agent. Find out more here!
- Health insurance quotes for individuals & families
- Medicare enrollment (ages 65+)
- Quote for travel health insurance. See CWBIA Services for more information
- Free HR Benefits Audit! (This takes a complete look at your needs from your employee handbook to vision insurance and long term care)
- Adding and subtracting employees from group insurance policies including COBRA administration (20 or more employees). COBRA administration benefits are subject to case by case review
- Make changes to employee addresses, names, and add or remove dependents
- Order lost ID cards and manage doctor office appointment issues
- Provide assistance with claims, verify coverage benefits, make conference calls with doctors, pharmacies, and insurance companies to ensure your health insurance needs are being met
- Help newly eligible employees make informed insurance decisions
- Track, verify, and communicate all transactions with insurance carriers (through fax, email, direct phone calls, and online service centers)
- Basic HR Consulting with Diversified Resource Group (DRG), which includes live interactions and a database of all HR required forms
- Renewal plan comparisons and open enrollment administration assistance
Click here for more information on our insurance services.
Why Have an Agent?
Searching for health insurance can be a confusing and intimidating process. Having an agent will educate and empower you to make informed decisions about the plan you choose. We utilize a quoting engine that displays all of the plans offered by various health insurance carriers. This tool is a service we provide free of charge in order for you to examine your options. Once you have side-by-side health plans to compare, we are able to answer any questions you have and help narrow down your choices to one that will work best for you.
Individuals Coming Off of Group Insurance
If you are losing your health insurance from your employer, then you are most likely eligible for COBRA. This means you would continue to stay covered by the same insurance plan your employer provided you, but you will be paying 100% of the total cost. If you would like to see other options in comparison to your COBRA plan, we can help! Please ask us for more information and click on the ‘GET A QUOTE’ link at the bottom of this page to start the process. Also, please see our FAQ section for answers to common questions.
Avoid a tax penalty and make sure you enroll in a health plan by January 31, 2016!
Group Health Insurance
California Well Being Insurance Agency (CWBIA) helps companies find the right benefits for a budget you can manage. CWBIA has extensive knowledge and working relationships with several insurance carriers to sort through multiple plans and provide side-by-side comparisons. This market is very dynamic as there are other plans offered aside from the common HMO and PPO plans. There are new types of plans to offer employees such as Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA). These types of plans will provide additional tax and retirement benefits to your employees.
Quality Business & Healthy Employees
Customer happiness and satisfaction comes from exceptional and unforgettable customer service from your employees. To remain competitive with other businesses and make sure you maintain valuable employees, it is necessary for you to ensure they have access to quality health care. Our job is to help you keep your employees healthy, ready, and able to work by providing you with health insurance options that will meet their needs.
What’s Required to Obtain Group Health Insurance?
Group health insurance is a guaranteed issue as long as the group satisfies the carrier’s company underwriting guidelines. The carrier’s approval is based on the validity of your company, not the health of you or your employees. Take a look at the latest underwriting guidelines of the various carriers and you will see that they are concerned with only a few things. The list below are questions that will be asked to qualify your business:
- How long have you been in business in California? Are you a start up?
- What type of business are you? (i.e. S-corp, C-Corp, Sole Prop, Partnership)
- Do you currently have health insurance? If so, who provided last month’s bill and benefits? Also, what is your anniversary date?
- Name, Date of Birth, and zip code of all employees
- How many employees do you have, including owners, full time employees (30hrs/week) and part time (20-30 hrs/week), W-2’s. This is necessary to make sure all eligible employees can get insurance. Some carriers will cover 1099 employees. Ask us how! (Eligibility is determined by Employee Handbook)
- Do you carry workers comp?
- Requirements to verify company validity are: Last quarter’s DE-6 or Quarterly Wage Report (QWR); Business License; Statement of Information ( SOI )
- If you currently have group insurance, what is your monthly premium?
- What would you change about your current coverage?
- Do you spend time talking directly with the insurance carriers making employee add/terminations and dependent changes?